Making an investment
1. Invest in a good hair cut. Caring for your locks becomes so much easier when you are sporting a fabulous 'wash and wear' style.
2. Wash your hair with the correct products. Dry hair requires a moisture-drenching shampoo, while oily hair benefits from frequent shampooing with a purifying, oil-regulating shampoo.
3. Invest in a good quality clarifying shampoo. Although not designed for regular use, clarifying shampoos work to remove a build-up of product and chemicals. Experts recommend using this type of shampoo a few days before undertaking a color treatment.
4. Brush your hair each morning. This will help remove dust, dirt and loose scales. It also stimulates the blood supply and distributes sebum along the hair shaft.
5. Don't use a brush on wet hair. Use a wide-toothed comb instead. Start at the ends, gently working your way up towards the roots.
6. Brush your hair at night before going to bed. If your hair is long, tilt your head forward and brush from the base of the head forward.
7. Allow your hair to dry naturally as often as possible. Use a highly absorbent towel to mop up excess moisture then finger dry.
Protecting your hair
8. Don't expose your hair to the sun during the hottest time of the day. Cover up and wear a hat instead.
9. Wash hair after swimming in chlorinated water.
10. Don't forget to clean your brushes and combs. Let them soak in warm, soapy water once a week.
11. Tone on a regular basis. Toning involves regular massage of the scalp. This stimulates the blood supply to the root of the hair follicle.
12. Ask at Patti's about nourishing your
13. Wet your hair before stepping into the pool. When the hair shaft absorbs regular water, it helps negate the damaging effects of swimming in chlorinated water. Better still, wear a swimming cap!
Keeping your hair
Patti's Beauty Salon
Third Street, Beaver, PA 15009
LC Tower Communications